Senior Sustainability Operations Manager
We are currently looking for a Senior Sustainability Operations Manager to join our growing, dynamic Sustainability Application & Operations team - overseeing the project management of RobecoSAM’s Corporate Sustainability Assessment (CSA) and the creation of the iconic Dow Jones Sustainability Indices (DJSI). The team is responsible for managing RobecoSAM’s proprietary database, comprising one of the world’s most complete datasets on corporate sustainability. The data stored here is used in RobecoSAM’s asset management and index products.
We are looking for an experienced and motivated individual who is passionate about sustainability and is committed to driving sustainable business practices through financial markets. Our team is project-focused and relies on our proprietary methodology and software to collect and assess corporate sustainability information. In this role, you will be responsible for overseeing various key tasks related to the Corporate Sustainability Assessment, including the development of the CSA methodology and will report directly to the Head of Sustainability Application & Operations, supporting them in daily management tasks.
Your main tasks will include:
- Managing key operational processes related to the CSA
- Responsibility for reviewing and managing key quality control processes, also in conjunction with annual audits
- Development and maintenance of RobecoSAM's proprietary Corporate Sustainability Assessment Methodology (CSA), including responsibility for specific industries
- Management and development of team members
- Engagement with companies participating in the Corporate Sustainability Assessment through feedback calls, webcasts and meetings
- Coordination with key internal and external stakeholders
- A completed university degree
- 3-5 years of work experience in the field of corporate sustainability or sustainability investing. Experience in the financial industry is a plus
- Experience in leading large projects
- Experience in managing people
- A sound understanding of global sustainability reporting frameworks and trends
- Strong analytical skills and an acute attention to detail
- Proficient in the use of MS Excel
- Excellent written and spoken English
Your soft skills:
Are you interested in this unique opportunity? We look forward to receiving your application including CV, motivation letter and copies of diplomas/employment certificates to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Strong interest in corporate sustainability
- Customer-focused and strong interpersonal skills
- Constructive and energetic attitude
- Ability to work independently yet towards team goals
- Reliable and able to go the extra mile when required
- Business-oriented with an attention to costs and efficiency
For this position only direct applications including a motivation letter and CV will be considered.
Founded in 1995, RobecoSAM is an investment specialist focused exclusively on Sustainability Investing. It offers asset management, indices, impact analysis and investment, sustainability assessments, and benchmarking services. Together with S&P Dow Jones Indices, RobecoSAM publishes the globally recognized Dow Jones Sustainability Indices (DJSI) as well as the S&P ESG Factor Weighted, the first index family to treat ESG as a standalone performance factor using the RobecoSAM Smart ESG methodology.